1.   首頁  
  2. |
  3.   產品專區  
  4. |
  5.   加值服務  
  6. |
  7.   客戶服務  
  8. |
  9.   企業專區  
  10. |
  11.   網路商城  
 
跨平台產品
Dr.eye PLUS
 
家用産品
Dr.eye 365
Dr.eye 譯典通 X
Dr.eye 譯典通 X 升級版
 
行動産品
Dr.eye 雲端免費版
Dr.eye 雲端版 - 日語通
Dr.eye 雲端版 - 韓語通
Dr.eye Mobile for Android
Dr.eye Mobile for iPhone
Dr.eye 星艦版 for Samsung
 
硬體産品
Dr.eye 翻譯小子 X
Dr.eye 翻譯小子 3
 
過往產品
Dr.eye 譯典通 9.0 旗艦版
Dr.eye 譯典通 9.0 旗艦升級版
Dr.eye 譯典通 9.0 全民版
 
 

Philippine navy chief opposes China-made airport


菲律賓海軍首長反對中國製造的機場


Vice admiral revolts against plan to move naval base to make way for airport made by blacklisted Chinese contractor


TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — The chief of the Philippines Navy on Thursday (Sept. 10) announced his opposition to plans to allow a blacklisted Chinese contractor to build an airport and expel the navy from its base in Manila Bay.

Vice Admiral Giovanni Carlo Bacordo argued against the construction of a US$14 billion airport on Sangley Point via a joint venture between the Chinese contractor China Communications Construction Co. (CCCC) and the Philippine contractor MacroAsia Corporation. The project, meant to ease congestion at the nation's main international gateway, Ninoy Aquino International Airport, was given the green light by President Rodrigo Duterte last week.

Bacordo stressed that Sangley Point is at a strategic location only 10 kilometers away from Manila, the country's capital, which faces the contested West Philippine Sea.

“We are guarding the entrance of Manila. If Manila will fall, the whole country will fall,” said Bacordo to ABS-CBN's TeleRadyo.

He warned that current blueprints for the airport have it occupying all of Sangley and 75 percent of the Canacao Bay. This would force the displacement of the current naval base on the point, affecting 10,000 sailors, 207 naval structures, 738 in-base homes, and three schools.

The navy chief told the news service that there has yet to be a viable location identified for the base to be moved to. He then added, "Our wish is that even if the Sangley Point International Airport pushes through, we stay there."

In addition, CCCC was one of 24 Chinese firms blacklisted by the U.S. Commerce Department for their role in building artificial islands for communist China in the South China Sea. Given this ban, Bacordo was cited by the Inquirer.net as saying, "All the more we want to remain there so to ensure that there are no security violations."

In 2011, the World Bank banned the CCCC and its subsidiaries for fraudulent activities during the first phase of the Philippines National Roads Improvement and Management Project. Despite the company's checkered record and the latest blacklisting by the U.S., Dutere last week approved its participation, and his spokesperson Harry Roque was cited by ABS-CBN News as saying "he [Duterte] will not follow the directives of the Americans because we are a free and independent nation, and we need investors from China."

Nevertheless, Bacordo struck a conciliatory tone by saying that the project can go forward without evicting the navy. He suggested that one solution would be to build the airport north of 1898 Avenue, thus negating the need to reclaim the Canacao Bay.
 
Keoni Everington, Taiwan News, Staff Writer  
2020-09-10  

聯絡我們

客服專線 : (02)77378801
客服信箱 : service@dreye.com
服務時間 : 週一至週五 09:00~11:40 12:40~17:00 國定假日休息
購買鏈接
PC
Mobile
加入粉絲團


2017 Inventec Besta Co.,Ltd. All rights reserved
無敵科技股份有限公司版權所有
   隱私權聲明